Surf, kite, SUP, dive and sail your way through one of the most beautiful and untouched tropical paradises in the world – The Tuamotu Archipelago located in French Polynesia.
The Tuamotu Sailing Adventure will be based on the atoll of Fakarava. Fakarava is one of the largest circular reefs in the world and gets a few dozen tourists who come for the world-class diving a year- if that. Big air, big surf, big winds, big coconuts, big fun.
Imagine a 30-mile long lagoon of silky water, clear and aquamarine in color, 25 knot winds and you’ve just about got it. Well of course there’s the world class reef diving, and oh yeah- some pretty stellar waves along the way as well.
“If you were looking for a place that defines radness for our sport, look no further than these remote atolls in the Tuamotus” – CEO/Previous Captain of Offshore Odyssey/Cabrinha Quest
Full Tuamotu Gallery
- Black Pearl Farms
- One of the largest lagoons in the world
- Pantheon of underwater surprises
- Radical waves
- Seriously pretty
- Very Good chance for wind
- Did I mention the overall WOW factor!
- Very sharp coral
- Surfing and Lagoon kiting only, wind angles do no allow for wave kitesurfing
Check out Reo’s last trip to the Tuamotus!
- 2018 session to be announced soon
We recommend turning this into a 10-day to 2 weeks French Polynesia trip and explore the islands of Tahiti and Moorea as well. We are more than happy to make recommendations of where to go and where to stay!
Pricing Per Cabin (US$):
2018 session to be announced soon.
- Daily Guided Tours from Reo and crew to the best location/activity of the day.
- All photography from the trip
- On the water Coaching from Reo.
- Transfers from local airport on Fakarava to ship’s anchorage
- Tender support whilst surfing or kiting
- Fishing trips
- Free diving and Snorkel Expeditions
- International and Domestic Airfare to/from Fakarava (FAV)
- Any excess baggage charges
- Scuba diving via Top Dive
- Premium wine and spirits. We suggest you buy a bottle or two at duty free.
- Gratuities for Staff
- Satellite Telephone calls will be $2.50 a minute.
No wind activities:
During peak season, the surf and wind are extremely consistent, however down days can happen, but flat days can be just as rewarding and fun. The diving is the best in the world with 100 hundred foot visibility and flourishing underwater reef and fish. You can be as busy or as relaxed as you want to be in the Tuamotus.
Three (3) meals a day served buffet style. We take full advantage of living on a boat and fresh fish (“Ahi” – Yellowfin tuna, “Ono” – Wahoo and “Mahi Mahi” –Dorado) are frequently seen at meals.
Please notify us if you have any dietary requirements beforehand.
Tuamotu Adventure FAQs:
Do I need travel insurance?
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! With only access to one or two small medical clinics in the Tuamotus and Tahiti being your closest point of any “real” medical care, we highly recommend travel insurance. You will need a plan that covers medical emergencies and transport, trip cancellation, travel changes, loss of property and luggage. We recommend a comprehensive cover to ensure you’re protected.
Maximum number of guest per week?
4 (2 guest per Cabin)
Satellite Telephone calls will be $2.50 a minute.
Don’t count on it! The Tuamotu Archipelago is rather remote group of atolls and internet can be hard to find and isn’t always reliable even when you do find a “hotspot”
Temperatures will generally reach highs of around 29°C or 84°F. At night the average minimum temperature drops down to around 25°C, or 77°F. The average daily relative humidity is around 75%.
Ocean temperatures averages around 27°C, or 81°F
Do you need a wetsuit?
Not typically, but if you get cold easily we recommend bringing wetsuit top or a spring suit. Normally a 1-2mm top will keep you warm for the early morning surfs/kites and a spring suit will keep you warm for diving.
Strength of wind?
It can be any strength, but normally about 15-20knots. 8m – 12m kites depending on rider’s weight.
Do I need kitesurfing experience?
Yes. This camp is not suitable for beginners or non-kiters. We require you to be able to confidently stay upwind
Can you ride a twin tip?
Absolutely, Fakarava offers a variety of conditions and if you like riding a twin tip, bring it!
What are the waves like?
Fast and hollow, although there are mellower days we’d recommend being a capable surfer.
What should I pack?
Boardshorts, Bikinis, Beach Towels and Sunscreen! As well as anything else that you think you would like for a week on the beach. The evenings can get a little chilly on the trampoline, but a simple sweatshirt should keep you warm.
What kind of equipment will be supplied?
You will be required to bring your own equipment.
Can you ask for vegetarian meals when booking?
Yes, we can cater to a range of dietary restrictions, just ask.
Do I need booties?
It’s a good idea if you want to surf or kite when it’s shallow on the reef.
Terms and Conditions:
Conditions of Occupancy:
Cabins must not be used for any unlawful purpose. The Guest will be liable for payment of any charges incurred by any Guest together with all replacements and necessary costs for any damage or loss to the ship and its contents caused by any Guest. The Guest authorizes the manager to charge any credit card for any loss, damage or monetary contribution for which any Guest is liable under this document or otherwise neither accommodation provider, Reo, his staff or support crew is liable for any damage or loss of property, which a Guest may sustain while on the complex.
– Additional Requirements are on a ‘request only’ basis and are not guaranteed.
– We require the payment of a non-refundable/non-transferable deposit of 25% of total tariff to confirm a booking.
– Payment can be made by PayPal or bank transfer.
– The balance payable 120 days prior to departure. No refund for early departures.
– Early check-in and late departure is available pending availability.
– Only the number of guests paid for can stay as part of the group.
– Cancellations should be made in writing via email to email@example.com
– Cancellations including original deposit are non-transferable and non-refundable. However we do our best to fill spots and reimburse the cancelled guest the remaining amount over the original deposit less any bank charges.
– Cancellations closer to departure incur various penalties: 60+ Days Prior to Departure – 1st deposit non-refundable, non transferable / 31-60 Days Prior to Departure – 50% penalty (total cost of trip) / 00-30 Days Prior to Departure – 100% penalty (no refund)
We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances including travel cancellation due to inclement weather, natural disaster and personal circumstances, as we do not accept any liability for any costs you may incur.